Wednesday, June 7, 2017

I had the privilege of going inside The Dome of the Rock on the Temple Mount in the Old City of Jerusalem. What an amazing experience! A historical shrine to Muslims around the world, not only through religion but politically as well. Due to the ongoing political environment, only Muslims are allowed into the mosque, the reason why my classmates were not able to enter. However, it is important to note that many mosques allow anyone to enter regardless of their faith. As I approached the gates into the mosque, a kind gentleman asked for my name to confirm that I was Muslim. Once inside, men and women prayed separately on opposite sides but both genders were able to walk around freely. Directly under the massive dome was a rock in which Muslims believe is the site where Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) ascended into heaven. Enjoy the photos!

-Diliman Abdulkader






No comments:

Post a Comment

"We extend our hand to all neighbouring states and their peoples in an offer of peace"

One thing that can be said of Israel is that there is no shortage of perspectives. Last week, our class had the opportunity to meet with me...